Friday, August 27, 2010

Book 2

Well, I finished writing book number two while waiting to hear back from a publisher about HerDecision. Waiting for sure is the hardest part, but I'm keeping busy with kids home for summervacation and working on the book. I've put it aside for at least a week, then I'll get it out and startediting it. I so can't wait for my critique partners to get this one. I really enjoyed writing it and kindof sad it's over with now, but also relieved that it is, too. I'd set a date of June 30th to be donewith it, but it took longer with kids home, but at least not by much.

I've been itching to get back the book I was working on before this, tentatively called TheRunaway. I was loving writing that one, but it was also a pain at times, too. That book pushes meout of my comfort zone. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just not something I ever thought I'd write.The more I work on that book, I just fall more and more in love with it. It's been two months sinceI've worked on it, and I'm just ready to get back to work on it. I've got a lot of work to do on itsince my computer crashed a couple months back, and I lost three whole chapters plus someediting I'd already done on it. But I won't let that get me down; I'm going back to the plotting wallin my office and plot the rest of this book out. This is hard for me, I'm a panster when writing untilthis last book, I plotted it out, and it really worked for me. I didn't get stuck anymore, and notknowing where the book needed to go. I did make sure to leave room for the characters to takeover, and boy, did they ever, so they still shocked me on some things. I have an idea where thisbook needs to go and will work all that out in next couple days on my plot wall and be ready towrite on it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...