Sunday, November 28, 2010

Revise & Resubmit




Today,
I received a revise and resubmit on a full manuscript that I had out. After a few moments of panicking, I sat and read through the editor's notes, and really it's not as bad as I thought at first. Some punctuation and grammar things that need to be fixed before moving forward, and a few conflict issues. After reading through and letting everything sink in, I know I can do this!

The editor and I have been emailing back and forth tonight about the black moment, and I see what changes she would like, and it can be fixed. Sure, I'll more than likely have to re-write a few chapters, but it will be so worth it if she offers me a contract. She said I created a very compelling romance and strong characters in Erin and Kyle. She also said that this work would give me a stronger story, as well as a more emotionally satisfying one. Oh my, can it really have a more emotional impact? I was crying like a big freaking baby at a few spots. Bad enough if you come out of your office, and your husband asks why are you crying. You try explaining about having to rip out Kyle's heart and all, and the man looks at you like you've finally gone over the edge.

As I was writing this blog post, I just received the thumbs up for the Black Moment from her. So, for the next month at least, I will be locked in my office with my tissues and re-writing.

Anyone have any tips they'd like to share about revisions?

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...