Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday





Sorry about last week and not posting, but I had family coming in for a visit, so I was busy cleaning and it slipped my mind. On the writing front, I sent a new partial off and now it's just a waiting game. I've been working on Chad and Katie's story, but seem to be stuck at Chapter three. I'm not too worried about that as it happens at times. I'm still hoping to be finished with the first draft by the end of the month.

On Friday my second round edits hit. I was really shocked that there wasn't much to accept this time. I was thinking it would be more than it was. I was able to get the edits done quickly and turned back in before the end of the day. My editor e-mailed me back on Saturday to say they were approved and she had sent it off to the line editor.

This week's sneak peek is a work in progress.

“You scared me.”

“I’m sorry.” His lips curled into a smile. “I’ve got some bad news. Your car is stuck, and I can’t get you out tonight.”

“Can’t you nudge it with your truck and push it out?” Anything would be better than being stuck in this truck with him, but it was warm and she really didn’t want to get back out into the below-freezing temperatures.

1 comment:

  1. Over time, you'll find edits will range from the minimal to the "why don't I just re-write the book!"

    Congrats on getting past yours gracefully.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...