Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Excerpt Tuesday: Revelation by London Saint James






This weeks Excerpt Tuesday comes from London Saint James.




Blurb:
Winter’s reclusive life as a romance writer begins to collide with Cayden’s larger-than-life world.  Cayden Cain, Hollywood’s hottest heartthrob, is someone who is unattainable in many ways.  The odds of a real relationship with him are astronomical. 


Besides the pesky paparazzi that are hell-bent on exposing pieces of her once private life, there is so much more conspiring against Winter and Cayden.  She cannot survive in his world, and he simply cannot walk in hers.   But everything will change when she discovers their worlds have always been connected, forever tied together by fate, by destiny, by unbreakable love.




Excerpt:
I’d seen him before, years before, leaning up against the wall of the restaurant where I worked. I shook my head at the memory and how much like Austin he really was. I focused in on the reflection while Cayden moved forward from the door. He looked like a cat burglar, only a very sexy cat burglar. I smiled at the reflection. It was actually kind of funny, then again it was actually terribly sexy him sneaking into my room.
“How did you get in here?” I asked. I turned around to see him standing a few feet behind me.
He held up the flat credit card-looking key, and waved it once before he placed it on the desk. “You are so damn sexy,” he said, his voice smooth and silky.
“You are pretty darn sexy yourself,” I admitted. He smiled, and it lit up the room like a thousand watt bulb. “Don’t move.”
His angelic face turned into a frown. “But I need to hold you,” he rebutted quite pathetically.
“Shh, stand still. I want to look at you.”
My gaze started at his black leather Harley biker boots, slid up his frayed jeans with the worn thighs, took in his leather coat, his obscured faced….
Holy crap, he’s sexy.
Another smile crossed over his face, his guilty smile. “You’re going to torture me, aren’t you?”
“Yes. I think I am,” I replied quite serious. “How long do we have?”
“This is our suite. We have all night.”
“So then Chandler is where?”
“At the Waldorf, you didn’t really believe I would let him stay here with you?”
I smiled, secretly pleased with this news. “No, but I was worried I wasn’t going to see you tonight. I am a little upset you kept me out of the loop with your complicated plans to actually see me so….” I pursed my lips. “For that I may need to torture you just a little bit.”
“It’s working,” he said, his voice seductive. “Not being able to touch you is killing me.”
I walked over to Cayden very slowly. “I believe we have some unfinished business to attend to.”
“Mmm…,” he mumbled. “I would agree.”
I unbuttoned the top two buttons of his blue dress shirt, which I was wearing. He started to walk toward me. I waved my index finger in disapproval. “Stand still,” I instructed.
Cayden stopped.
I circled around him once. He turned his head to follow. I reached out. My fingertip touched his arm, weaved up and over his strong shoulder. He lifted his hand, brushed it across mine. I moved my hand from his and continued my torture. I reached up, pulled the dark hood from his head, and freed his beautiful chestnut-colored hair. I ran my fingers through it before I traced his sideburns, his jaw, the line of his cheekbone. I stopped. Took him by the hand, and peeked over my right shoulder while I led him to the couch. Cayden was watching the sway of my hips.
“Sit,” I instructed.
He smiled. It was the kind of smile the devil himself would envy. Cayden conceded to my wish. He sat. Rubbed his thigh. “Winter,” he said.
I pressed my index finger to his lips. “No talking,” I whispered in his ear. He groaned. I took the lobe of his ear between my teeth, grazing it softly.
“Um…,” he muttered. His hand moved along my shoulder.
“No touching either.”
I stepped back from him. Cayden threw his head back against the backside of the couch in exasperation. He did this little thing where he slicked his tongue out briefly before he scuffed his teeth over his bottom lip while his hands rubbed anxiously against the couch cushions.
I heard him mumble under his breath…. “You are driving me crazy.”
I reached out toward him and removed his dark sunglasses. I placed them on the coffee table. “Much better,” I said.
I saw his dark gray eyes, smoldering with desire.
This is good as torture goes.
I moved my hips, swayed them from side to side. My hands made their way up the front of my shirt, skimmed over my breasts and kept beat with the music which was playing over the speakers. I teased a button. Released it.
“Take off the coat,” I instructed.
Cayden complied. With a wicked grin stretched across his face, he stripped the coat off and threw his leather coat across the room. As a reward, I released another button from my shirt.
I touched Cayden’s sweatshirt. “Take it off,” I commanded.
Cayden tore the sweatshirt from over his head and threw it to the floor. I placed my right leg over his left leg, straddled it, placed my hands to his chest, and unbuttoned the shirt he wore one button at a time. Once one button was undone, I revealed the small space of flesh that my tongue tasted. I unbuttoned and licked until his perfect muscular body shined from beneath the black material. Both of Cayden’s hands skipped up the back of my thighs, and came to a firm stop after finding the curve of my butt. I moved back and shook my head. He heaved a sigh.
“Are you going to be good?” I asked. “And follow the rules?”
He nodded.
I moved back toward him. With pleasure my hands mapped the surface of his chest, of his stomach, finding each ripple. I loved every muscle on him. I watched his muscles jump and flex as my fingers made their way caressing, outlining his perfection.
I pulled at the bottom corner of his shirt. “This, too, take it off.”
In one smooth movement, he shrugged out of the shirt.
“Your turn,” Cayden said, eagerly.
“Shh….” My lips brushed gently over his before I pulled my mouth back and stopped scant inches from contact. “No talking, remember?”
The tip of Cayden’s tongue traced the bottom swell of my lip before I moved. He growled in protest. I nibbled at his neck and kissed his throat. When he groaned, I kissed him once more, only whisper soft. The tip of my tongue drew an erotic line up his throat, over his chin and found his lips, but I did not kiss him. He licked his lips. I resisted from full on contact. I shifted back from him. This gave him a clear unobstructed view of me so I proceeded to deliberately unbutton all of the buttons on the shirt I was wearing. I permitted him to see my body in slight glimpses, not removing the garment then turned around.
I looked over my shoulder, gazing at him from beneath my lashes. His eyes devoured me whole. “Your sweatshirt is in my way,” I explained. I bent over to pick it up, straight-legged. “Oops.” I gave him a flirtatious giggle. My hand accidentally or maybe not so accidentally lifted some of the material of the shirt, giving Cayden a slight peek of my bare universe which belonged to him.
You can purchase Revelation, book 3 in the Heart Of Winter series from Evernight Publishing. London Saint James can be found around the net at her website, blog, Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...